Latest Updates

x
About Us:

We are an 18+, Preternatural RP site, set in a fantasy location based near Toronto, Canada. We are set in AU current time, and have a loose wordcount of 200. While we draw aspects of our site from many forms of common media, we are unique and not expressly set in those worlds. As such, no off-site knowledge is required!
We welcome you to join the site with your chosen OOC name: your Character accounts will be linked to this primary account. You should register with correct capitalisation: eg, John Smith.
Any questions, and you can easily reach the staff on site or through our Discord. Guests can post via our embed discord located in the footer.
Enjoy your stay!

Our site is rated 333 using the RPG Rating website. We allow mature themes, and may not be suitable for all viewers.
2022.05.10 - Hello! We've been a bit on the slow side, but we're getting back on the move again!

IC, school is back in swing after Easter took place in April. This month, May 23 is Victoria Day, meaning all the schools will be closed! You can find more information about Ontario's school year here!

2022.02.19 - Welcome to 2022! We hope you had a good holiday season! While we were quite slow over the second half of 2021, we're chomping at the bit to get things underway, and increase our community! Have a wonderful day <3 BT Team

2021.09.17 - From today until 19th, we're celebrating our first Site-Wide event! Welcome to the Apple Fest! You can read more about the Festival here.

2021.08.03 - We have added some new IC-communication forums for you to use! More information here.

2021.07.28 - Welcome to the Fae race! You can read more here.

2021.07.15 - Grand opening! Welcome, and we hope you enjoy your stay! -- TP

2020.09.21 - Added the character chatter box for status updates. -- TP

2020.09.14 - Updated profile code. Stickied the header of this info box. 'About us' block updated. -- TP

2020.09.13 - Site Statistics in the footer updated. Discord embed-ed. This information box added. -- TP

Community Center
Local News Latest Posts

Your browser has JavaScript disabled. If you would like to use all features of this site, it is mandatory to enable JavaScript.

-  Outdoors is Overrated
Wednesday, Late afternoon 25-May-2022
James' Property
Light Mage

Post What?
20 Posts
2 Threads

Born 1-12-1992
29 years
Appears Twenties
5'10
Wiry and fit
Blue eyes
Brown hair
He | Him
He / Him

Written By
Orange
Post May Contain

Blood 0 
Sex 0 
Violence 0 
Drugs 0 
Abuse 0 
-Isms 0 
Taboo 0 
Death 0 

2022-May-22, 07:31 AM
Go outside they said, enjoy the fresh air they said, it's good for your mental health they said. What they didn't say was there was also rain, mud, confusing paths, hills, blisters and that eventually, everything would suck. Keiran had now slowly come to that realisation himself though, as he limped along half-heartedly with partially dried mud and dirt smeared down his left leg and side. Even though he had managed to fashion himself a magical ankle brace out of conveniently placed barriers, he stilled walked with a limp - doing his best to avoid putting too much weight on his injured ankle.

The day had started out nice enough. Keiran hiked back home in Australia, but as it turned out, he wasn't prepared for the Canadian wilds. Whereas the paths he normally walked were always hard, dry and sandy, and the bush was light and easy to navigate, the wilds he put himself in, were nothing of the sort. Everything would have probably been fine, apart from some damp running shoes, but for one small stumble which had almost sent him sliding down a small ravine.

If he hadn't been looking at his phone, trying to gauge some sense of location from it, Keiran might have not tripped - he also wouldn't have lost his phone in the thick forest either. He had looked for some time, but his phone had seemingly vanished from existence the moment he had tripped and slid down the small incline. At first, he had been too busy being distracted by the sharp pain in his twisted ankle to even realise he had dropped his phone, so he had no idea at what point he had let go of it...

From there, things got worse, which was almost impressive given how poorly things already were. It rained a little, and then a cool wind seemed to chase him wherever he walked, and soon enough Keiran had realised he was lost, it was getting late in the day and his ankle was starting to turn a painful purple in colour. Not wanting to be that foreigner who wandered off into the forest unprepared and died, Keiran decided to bite the bullet and take the necessary hit to his pride and seek help. When he eventually caught sight of a ranch of some sort, he started heading toward it in the vain hope someone would be around to at least point him in the direction of the closest pay phone (if they still existed) or at the very least could call him a taxi....

Posted 20 PostsStarted 1 Thread
Turned by Unspecified

Post What?
12 Posts
2 Threads 25.39

Born 15-3-1822
200 years
Appears Thirties
5'11
Athletic
Blue eyes
Brown hair
He | Him
He | Him

Written By
BardlyThere
Post May Contain

Blood 0 
Sex 0 
Violence 0 
Drugs 0 
Abuse 0 
-Isms 0 
Taboo 0 
Death 0 

2022-May-22, 03:07 PM
There was a stranger in his territory, and that didn't sit right with James so he made sure his trusty six shooters were loaded before heading to the door. But it was also the most interesting thing to happen on the ranch in a bit so he made sure the pair of his colts were both holstered with only their patinaed antique ivory handles on display. Too bad he didn't bother to look in a mirror as he made his way to the door. He'd had an early day and so he'd already wound down for the day and was in a pair of wolf print flannel pajama pants and an open button up flannel that was old and threadbare but delightfully soft for lounging. The gun belt snagged high on one hip and drooping down below the other only made him look ridiculous as he opened the door and squinted at the stranger before he could even knock.

James originally had some sort of disgruntled line to give the man about trespassing and how he didn't take kindly to rustlers, but as he blinked at the rather handsome looking stranger all he ended up doing was reaching up to run his hands through his already messy hair with a brief, "Howdy." He stared a bit, studying the man, nostrils flaring slightly as he took a deep breath to investigate that scent a bit more. A bit of magic maybe? It had a nice refreshing almost clean hit to it if it was. And of course there was the scent of the woods, sweat, perhaps a tiny bit of fear, and the man seemed to have enough of a limp that he immediately was striking the werewolf as prey rather than anything dangerous.

Ah, but James remembered he was still staring and cleared his throat. "Ah, something I can help you with? Some water maybe? You look a mite bit parched. Come on in, get the door behind you." Whatever was going on with the stranger who came to his door, water was probably the most immediate thing he could handle. He turned and shuffled off into the kitchen, pausing to remove and hang his gun belt up on a hook on the wall before walking back with a pitcher of water chilled with frozen lemon slices and a couple of glasses. "Here you go."

Started 1 Thread
Light Mage

Post What?
20 Posts
2 Threads

Born 1-12-1992
29 years
Appears Twenties
5'10
Wiry and fit
Blue eyes
Brown hair
He | Him
He / Him

Written By
Orange
Post May Contain

Blood 0 
Sex 0 
Violence 0 
Drugs 0 
Abuse 0 
-Isms 0 
Taboo 0 
Death 0 

2022-May-23, 01:21 AM
Keiran lingered by the door before knocking, unsure if he really wanted to get other people involved in his bad luck. His parents had drilled it into him over the years that problems were meant to be kept to oneself, or at the very least, within the family. Now without the family support and trying to figure out things on his own, Keiran was faced with having to go against that training. However as the sun once more passed behind a dark cloud, he decided he needed to grow up and knock on the door.

As he raised his fist to the door, however, it swung open and Keiran gave a small sound of surprise. He was immediately taken aback. He wasn't entirely sure who he had expected to answer the door but it most certainly wasn't a good-looking young man, shirt unbuttoned, wolf print pants and a whole bunch of guns. Keiran gave a long and slow blink as he processed the image and the surprise. It wasn't until the home's resident spoke did Keiran unfreeze, breaking into an awkward self-deprecating smile of greeting. He was about to speak when the man beat him to the chase, offering him help and a drink in what Keiran could only assume wasn't a local accent. It was a hell of a lot more local than his own, however, but from his limited knowledge of American accents, this one fell heavily in the 'somewhere south, like Texas' category.

Without a moment to reply, the guy turned on his heels, simultaneously inviting Keiran in and apparently going to fetch him something to drink. While the stranger might have been entirely at ease inviting random strangers into his home, Keiran couldn't say the same about walking into one. The guy seemed nice, but he was wearing guns, and a lot of people seemed nice. He bet Jeffery Dharmer seemed nice too. So the Australian hesitated, "Uh, thanks. Maybe you could, like, point me in the direction of a taxi rank, or a payphone - if they still exist, or a bus stop or something?" He called after the retreating back of the man.

Even by the time the man returned with the water, Keiran still remained at the door, "I don't mean to be a bother or nothing, I lost my phone and then I got lost...." Keiran let out a breath, glancing down at his mud-covered clothing before looking back up to add, "It's been a long day."

Turned by Unspecified

Post What?
12 Posts
2 Threads 25.39

Born 15-3-1822
200 years
Appears Thirties
5'11
Athletic
Blue eyes
Brown hair
He | Him
He | Him

Written By
BardlyThere
Post May Contain

Blood 0 
Sex 0 
Violence 0 
Drugs 0 
Abuse 0 
-Isms 0 
Taboo 0 
Death 0 

2022-May-24, 11:43 AM
James blinked at the skittish young man standing in his door and let out soft huff of a chuckle. The twang of his voice held a bit of mirth as he tried to get the man to come in again. "What are you doing lurking outside like some sort of shy Dracula? I already invited you in, come on." James wasn't going to take no for an answer on that, even if he had to just gently cluck and shoo and shove the other man in like he was some damn mother hen herding chicks around. And if he had to nip at a heel... well he could do that too.

"Now just take a seat at the table, get offa that leg that seems t'be bothering you, and drink some water before you go and cash in on me." He got the water poured and slid one of the glasses insistently towards his guest before he plopped down at the kitchen table to take a long drink of his own water with a nice refreshed sigh. "Anyway," he drawled on before kicking his slippered feet up on a vacant chair, "No payphone, bus don't come out here, not sure if a taxi would bother. I can probably help you find your phone though." Wouldn't be the first time he'd sniffed out a lost phone or set of keys that fell out of a pocket during a ride. "I can also give you a ride into town in the morning myself unless you have some sort of urgency."

Was he really just going to invite the stranger to stay the night? Obviously he already had, but the thought made James frown a little. He wasn't that lonely was he? "I mean I can take you back sooner, I was just already settled in and fixin to watch myself a show or flick of some sort and relax for the rest of the night. Either way you should probably clean up a bit before you get in my truck." He gestured at the man's mud spattered clothes. "I'm not one of them neat freaks, but I try to keep the cab clean and usually make the hands ride in the back if they're filthy, but I doubt you want to be in the bed of a truck for very long. Ah shit, pardon my manners. I'm James, James Jessup. This here's my ranch. Not used to random visitors."

Started 1 Thread
Light Mage

Post What?
20 Posts
2 Threads

Born 1-12-1992
29 years
Appears Twenties
5'10
Wiry and fit
Blue eyes
Brown hair
He | Him
He / Him

Written By
Orange
Post May Contain

Blood 0 
Sex 0 
Violence 0 
Drugs 0 
Abuse 0 
-Isms 0 
Taboo 0 
Death 0 

2022-May-25, 07:02 AM
The moment the home's resident called him out on lingering awkwardly by the door, Keiran could feel a hot flush prickle across his nose and cheeks. Yes, it was awkward and weird, but he also wasn't being murdered. Not that the nice American guy seemed like the murdering type, although what did a murderer even look like? Having never been murdered, Keiran couldn't say one way or another if he could spot a murderer. What he could do, however, was use magic and if this guy was theoretically up to no good, Keiran had the trust in his own abilities to get him out of trouble. So, with that in mind, he obediently headed through the doorway when he was emphatically ushered in, and the door shut behind him.

His host seemed remarkably aware, having noticed his limp and telling Keiran to sit down at the table. Deciding to just give in to the friendly and comforting atmosphere, Keiran let himself sit down at the table as instructed, landing on the timber seat with a long, and sigh of physical relief, "It's good to sit down..." He murmured...Glancing up as his host joined him at the table, pushing over a glass of water. Keiran pulled off his backpack and carefully placed it to his side, not wanting to spread any more of the mud and drive muck about than he already had done by entering the man's home.

"Thanks - " he said, reaching out to take the glass of cool water and draining it entirely in a few gulps. Placing it back down on the table, he wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and gave a small grimace at the news that transport would be hard to find. He expected this sort of bullshit from Australia, but weren't things supposed to be more urbanised in North America? Maybe he had walked - of slid - far further than he had realised and was now well and truly in the middle of nowhere. It was just his luck.

"Thanks, but I lost it way back, a few hours ago," Keiran explained, not even sure when exactly he had dropped it let alone where precisely it might have been. "I've been wandering around out there for ages, tryna find anything, so when I saw your ranch...." Well, the rest was obvious since they were now seated at the man's table, chatting.

Keiran perked up as the stranger offered him a ride, his enthusiasm dropping a little when the clarifier of 'in the morning' was included. In all fairness, it was getting dark and if the drive was a long one then he could hardly blaim the guy for not wanting to drive a stranger into town and then drive all the way back, out of the kindness of his heart alone. It made sense, but Keiran also couldn't help but be a little suspicious of the man's intentions. People weren't so friendly and nice, were they? Maybe this is what they meant when they spoke about 'southern hospitality' ? If he was going to stay the night, maybe that was something he could ask about....

Regardless of why the man was offering him the option of staying the night, Keiran had to admit that he was exhausted, sore and pretty much prepared to agree with anything anyone said to him - especially when it was said by a friendly man with a nice accent saying comforting things.

Keiran gave a tired chuckle as his host pointed out how muddy he was, and nodded, "God, it has been a fuckin' day....Thank you, I mean it, I don't wanna put you out, I'm happy to stay here and get a ride in the morning if that's easiest for you." At this rate he could have probably just lain on the carpet and drifted off to sleep within a few minutes, but the option of having a hot shower was most certainly the best thing he had been offered yet.

Keiran grinned as James introduced himself, "Keiran Thompson...And I don't usually visit random ranches, but you know, change is good as holiday right?" It was dumb comment and he gave a small, self depreciating chuckle, "But thank you James, a shower sounds amazing. I thought I was gonna end up spending the night under a log, honestly...."

Turned by Unspecified

Post What?
12 Posts
2 Threads 25.39

Born 15-3-1822
200 years
Appears Thirties
5'11
Athletic
Blue eyes
Brown hair
He | Him
He | Him

Written By
BardlyThere
Post May Contain

Blood 0 
Sex 0 
Violence 0 
Drugs 0 
Abuse 0 
-Isms 0 
Taboo 0 
Death 0 

2022-May-25, 11:52 PM
At least the feller was getting settled properly and looking a bit more comfortable now. James gave his guest a smile and nod of approval as he drank down the glass and then grabbed the pitcher to refill it. "Have as much as you want, and if you want something stronger just say so. I've got plenty of hooch to spare. Beer, some moonshine, lots of tequila... some fancy shit one of the boys picked up." At least he was pretty sure the absinthe had been something Nate had brought home, but maybe it had been Ben or one of the human ranch hands he hired on occasion. It certainly wasn't anything he would have thought to pick up on his own.

"Well I'll keep an eye out for it when I go riding or hiking through the woods. Who knows, maybe I'll get lucky." Or maybe he'd just sniff it out after he'd dropped the man off as a bit of a favor. Or he could have Nate do it as a bit of practice. Either way, he was sure that the phone would be easy enough to find he was sure. Not that the stranger needed to know about that. He wasn't that cute after all.

His earlier mention of booze came back to mind and James stood up, making his way to the liquor cabinet to grab the tequila and a shot glass that he poured for his guest. For himself he just took a swig from the bottle with a hissing sigh. "If you want more just say the word. And again, anything else just ask too. And since you're staying the night and won't be driving you don't have to worry your pretty head about overindulging."

James blinked, unsure why he'd bothered to mention that, and had he really used the word pretty? Hadn't meant to out loud at least, ah well. He just shrugged and acted as if it were a perfectly normal thing to do or say. "The couch is a pull out, so I can get out of your hair once you get tired and help you set that up. Until then I'm probably going to get on it and watch some shows here in a little."

He grinned as he finally got the man's name. "Well pleasure to make yer acquaintance, Keiran. And a little adventure's good for the soul every now and then. Even if it ain't good for your legs." James took another swig from the bottle at that. "Oh, shower's just down the hallway on the right whenever you're ready for it. Clean towels are in the linen closet next to it." At least he didn't offer to show him the bathroom himself. For some reason that would have felt even more.... gay.

Started 1 Thread
Light Mage

Post What?
20 Posts
2 Threads

Born 1-12-1992
29 years
Appears Twenties
5'10
Wiry and fit
Blue eyes
Brown hair
He | Him
He / Him

Written By
Orange
Post May Contain

Blood 0 
Sex 0 
Violence 0 
Drugs 0 
Abuse 0 
-Isms 0 
Taboo 0 
Death 0 

2022-May-26, 10:08 AM
Staying at a random stranger's home when you had no other option, made sense but getting drunk with said stranger sounded like asking for trouble. That said Keiran couldn't deny how good a drink would be after a nice shower and sitting down on what looked to be a pretty comfortable couch. One or two drinks probably wouldn't hurt, but Keiran knew getting clear was his first priority - for his own comfort and so he didn't mess up James' nice house that he'd been kind enough to welcome him into.

"Maybe..." Keiran agreed half-heartedly, fairly sure that without tracking magic of some sort the phone was lost forever. It was a bummer too, since it wasn't as though he had money to waste these days. Budgeting and saving were novel concepts to Keiran and unfortunately, he wasn't very good at either. Up until he had left Australia his parents had always paid for and supported him in everything, even as an adult. Now he was fending for himself, the prospect of having to spend a substantial amount of money to buy a new phone wasn't really something he wanted to think about right now.

Thankfully though, his host had just the distraction, placing down a shot of tequila. If only to fight the rising financial anxiety, Keiran didn't hesitate and threw it back, screwing up his face a little as the alcohol burned all the way down. Putting the shot glass down, he gave a small chuckle as James told him that there was plenty more to drink, "Maybe a shower first I think." The Australian pointed out, that while he was beginning to come around to the idea of having a few drinks and relaxing with his host, there would be no relaxation without first getting some of the mud off his skin and out of his hair.

With directions to the shower, Keiran pulled himself back onto his feet, paying careful attention to how he placed his weight on his ankle. Now he knew he wasn't going to be sleeping outside for the night, he could spare the energy to try a little healing magic on it if only to help reduce the pain just a little. It wasn't something he had been keen to risk, knowing how costly it was on his mental and physical energy, but since that was no longer an issue it was worth a try. "Right, cheers." He nodded his thanks as he followed James' directions and hobbled down to the hallway, "Thanks again. "

Along with a fresh towel, Keiran headed into the bathroom and made quick work of stripping off every wet, muddy and dirty piece of clothing (which as it turned out was everything he owned). Bundling it all together, he made some attempt to try and stop the dirt from messing up James' bathroom any further than was unavoidable - before hopping into the steaming hot shower. Having thought he might end up sleeping in a forest, cold and wet, the searing hot water was a slice of heaven. Keiran let the heat soak into all the aches and bruises on his side, and ankle, letting the water run until every ounce of dirt was gone.

Finally, Keiran turned off the water and quickly dried himself off, and gave his hair a quick rub unfortunately without the copious amount of product he normally used, it sat wet and flat, but given the circumstances, it was something he could put up with. Unfortunately, Keiran now realised that he was going to be forced to put back on the muddy, damp and dirty clothing he had discarded. It was a genuinely disgusting realisation and he grimaced at the thought. What were the chances James' could lend him a pair of pants? Maybe the dirty clothing could be tossed through the washer and be clean for the trip to town in the morning? God, he really was pushing his luck, wasn't he? First just turning up at a stranger's door, asking for a lift, and a place to sleep, now he wanted to add clothing to the list!

Wrapping the towel around his waist, Keiran padded barefoot out of the steamy bathroom and into the hallway, "Uh, sorry, would I be able to borrow a pair of pants, or something, cause, well. " He paused to give a backward glance to the pile of clothing in the bathroom, "The idea of putting back on damp muddy stuff is just gross." Keiran explained, flashing a somewhat sheepish grin at this host, hoping this wasn't the straw that would break the camel's back.

Turned by Unspecified

Post What?
12 Posts
2 Threads 25.39

Born 15-3-1822
200 years
Appears Thirties
5'11
Athletic
Blue eyes
Brown hair
He | Him
He | Him

Written By
BardlyThere
Post May Contain

Blood 0 
Sex 0 
Violence 0 
Drugs 0 
Abuse 0 
-Isms 0 
Taboo 0 
Death 0 

2022-May-26, 08:30 PM
As soon Keiran had left James pulled out his phone to shoot a text off to Nate. Hopefully the pup wouldn't give him too much sass about the little request. He took another long pull from the tequila bottle before moving it and his guest's shot glass to the coffee table in front of the sofa. Just in case Keiran wanted more to drink too. It wasn't a big deal or anything. James was just trying to be a good and polite host. Yep. He sighed and shook his head, popped off another text to Nate as he tried to just get his head back on straight. Clearly he'd been working a bit too much and not socializing enough if just one pretty new face was going to have him addle-headed by showing up at his front step.

Ah well, it was probably going to be fine. He was just going to find something to watch until he was ready for bed, make sure Keiran was nice and settled and comfy enough, sleep, then drive on back to town in the morning. Easy. Besides, with how skittish that man had been when he first arrive there was definitely not a chance anything would be happening. Still though, James decided he should probably try and get out sometime, go to one of them fancy night clubs in the city and just get some people watching in. That usually reminded him how great the single life was anyway.

By the time he heard the shower cut off, James had settled on watching some show about sharks as he slouched on the couch, legs splayed comfortably, and tequila bottle perched on the edge of the coffee table in easy reach. He heard Keiran stepping out and turned, freezing to stare at the man wearing nothing but a towel and a smile. For a moment James just couldn't help but stare at the man's lean athletic physique before blinking and finally registering that he'd been asked a question. "Wha... oh. Right, right. Can't put you back in them clothes. Uh, laundry's through that side door yonder, and... sure I got some things you can wear."

James pushed himself off the couch and shuffled off to his room, wishing for a moment that he'd straightened it a bit more and made sure his dirty clothes had actually landed in the hamper instead of in its vicinity. The first baggy worn flannel he kept for sleeping that he found was grabbed and tossed over, followed by a pair of similarly worn pants that had a cartoon dog with horns patterned all over it. The elastic in the band had given up the ghost long ago, but it still had the string to keep them tied on and usually that was enough for him. "Might be a bit threadbare in spots, but they're comfy. Sorry I don't have anything nicer'n those. I should probably go shopping every now and then. You... uh... you go on and get dressed, you know where to find me."

With that he headed back to the living room, eager to try and not make things any more awkward than he probably already was. With a huff of frustration he plopped back on the couch, crossing his left leg over the other as he tried to just focus on sharks and not the near naked man running around his house.

Started 1 Thread
Light Mage

Post What?
20 Posts
2 Threads

Born 1-12-1992
29 years
Appears Twenties
5'10
Wiry and fit
Blue eyes
Brown hair
He | Him
He / Him

Written By
Orange
Post May Contain

Blood 0 
Sex 0 
Violence 0 
Drugs 0 
Abuse 0 
-Isms 0 
Taboo 0 
Death 0 

2022-May-27, 08:23 AM
Keiran wasn't sure if James had heard his question initially, and was about to repeat himself. He wasn't very good at picking up on these sorts of things, but he was reasonably sure the other man was checking him out, either that or he really didn't expect the random guest to be wandering around with just a towel on - it was a bit awkward, more so because he didn't know which option was the truth and so Keiran was keen to get himself dressed in something a little less revealing than a borrowed towel. When James replied, Keiran flashed another quick grin, "Great, thanks!" and ducked back to the bathroom to grab his dirty clothes.

Gathering them in a pile, he limped out of the bathroom again this time to the directed laundry. Deciding he wasn't going to keep on bothering his host with dumb questions, like specifically asking if he could use the washing machine, after already having asked for clean clothing, Keiran made quick work of shovelling everything into the washer, and turning it on. It didn't matter how they turned out, as long as it was better than they were now, it would be a marked improvement. With tomorrow's clothing taken care of, he headed back to the hall and to what he presumed was the doorway to James' room.

He hovered there a moment, prepared to wear whatever he was handed since he was in no place to negotiate, nor did he really care. James had seen him covered in mud, limping and admitting he was ready to sleep under a log because he'd lost his phone - really there wasn't much further to fall than that!

Taking the flannel and the patterned pants, Keiran gave a small chuckle at the pattern. For a rugged country guy, James sure seemed to like patterned pyjama pants, "Cute." He remarked, "And it's fine, perfect even, better than muddy hiking gear, or - " Sitting around in a stranger's house wearing a towel. But probably less said about that the better. Stepping back to let James pass him and return to the living room, Keiran made yet another trip to the bathroom to get dressed. Regardless of what the clothing looked like, it was soft clean and comfortable, everything Keiran happened to value at that moment. Now if he could only do a little something to help his ankle, the day's ordeal could be put behind him.

Not wanting to be too suspicious and take too long, Keiran made a quick attempt at a bit of a healing spell. He was already tired, combined with the fact he had never had much luck with healing himself, combined to make it a difficult and not particularly successful task. While he couldn't fix anything, he at least tried to reduce a little of the swelling and the pain, which was better than nothing. Straightening up, he had to fight a brief wave of lightheadedness, a symptom that always seemed to come from using his own magic to heal himself. It was burning the candle at both ends, or so his father had always said...

Finally, Keiran headed out of the bathroom, his shirt hanging open in much the same way James' had been.

"You've got a nice shower." He said, coming to stand by the opposite side of the couch that James' was on, not feeling quite that confident to just sit down on without an invitation on a stranger's lounge. "Though I reckon I'd've settled for a wash from a hose at this point." Probably not, he did have standards, but then again, he really hated being coved in mud too.

Turned by Unspecified

Post What?
12 Posts
2 Threads 25.39

Born 15-3-1822
200 years
Appears Thirties
5'11
Athletic
Blue eyes
Brown hair
He | Him
He | Him

Written By
BardlyThere
Post May Contain

Blood 0 
Sex 0 
Violence 0 
Drugs 0 
Abuse 0 
-Isms 0 
Taboo 0 
Death 0 

2022-May-27, 10:17 PM
James was frowning, tapping away at another message on his phone to Nate and debating how much he was going to strangle that boy when he got home. If he bothered to come home at this rate. Use protection, James huffed at the thought, ignoring the warmth in his cheeks as he reached for the bottle of tequila to help cool down a little with a nice indulgent sip. He was about to text Nate another message to grab another bottle on his way home when he heard Keiran step back out. James set his phone down, did his best to think about boring things like taxes and standing in line at a bank instead of holding it up like god intended and gave his guest a small grunt and nod of his head in greeting.

"I suppose it's nice enough. The well's got good water and the heater gets it nice and hot." Yep. Those were words that came out of his mouth. Clearly James didn't actually have anything to worry about at all, he couldn't seduce a pillow with the way his brain was working. He managed a chuckle as he said, "It's not too late to hose you down, but I imagine it would be a bit chilly. Go on, sit. I'm just watchin... uh... sharks. They're doing some sort of tracking research I think. If you want you can pick something else to watch."

Just to be properly neighborly, James even tossed the remove over to his guest before gesturing at the bottle of tequila on the coffee table. "Feel free to have more if you'd like. So what were you doing out here anyway aside from getting lost?" He couldn't help but eye the man's chest a little through that open shirt. He realized he was staring again and cleared his throat as he tried to think of some sort of deflection. "Hope those fit you decent enough. I tend to like looser things for my night clothes."

Started 1 Thread
Light Mage

Post What?
20 Posts
2 Threads

Born 1-12-1992
29 years
Appears Twenties
5'10
Wiry and fit
Blue eyes
Brown hair
He | Him
He / Him

Written By
Orange
Post May Contain

Blood 0 
Sex 0 
Violence 0 
Drugs 0 
Abuse 0 
-Isms 0 
Taboo 0 
Death 0 

2022-May-28, 07:48 AM
"Hah, yeah, good water pressure too, that's always important." Of all the things for them to be talking about they were conversing about the status of James' shower. Keiran knew he had a habit of ending up in weird or awkward conversations with people, but he could never say he had spoken about a virtual stranger's shower in this detail, ever before. He gave the traditional combination of awkward grin and nod as they ran out of things to say about the shower, thankfully James at least had a sense of humour, as well as being generous. "Hard pass, I think I've already trespassed on you enough mate, without getting you outside." Keiran chuckled as he obeyed the invite to sit down on the comfortable couch, propping his aching ankle up on the coffee table as he got positioned.

"Sharks are cool." The mage said, not actually bold enough to take the remote or change the channel. He was already invading the man's quiet night at home and was wearing his clothing, if James wanted to watch sharks, then Keiran would watch it too! "Always a few shark attacks on the beach near where I lived in Aus..." Keiran offered conversationally, not sure if talking about animal attacks was the correct alternative to talking about a shower, but not sure what else he could say.

Having decided pre-shower that a drink or two wasn't going to ruin his evening, Keiran reached for the tequila and poured himself another shot, glancing to his host as the man questioned him. "Hiking, or at least trying to I guess...Used to do it a bit back home but, yeah, shits different here and there's way more mud than I expected..." He gave a small chuckle before drinking the shot of tequila, making a face as he did so. "Oh, yeah, they're good -" He nodded, putting the glass down, "I'd wear a paper bad if meant I'd not have to wear my dirty clothes. " Which was entirely true, but he was thankful for the soft and clean clothes all the same, "Gotta ask though, whys the dog got horns?" Keiran poked the cutesy print on his leg, looking at James with a grin.

Turned by Unspecified

Post What?
12 Posts
2 Threads 25.39

Born 15-3-1822
200 years
Appears Thirties
5'11
Athletic
Blue eyes
Brown hair
He | Him
He | Him

Written By
BardlyThere
Post May Contain

Blood 0 
Sex 0 
Violence 0 
Drugs 0 
Abuse 0 
-Isms 0 
Taboo 0 
Death 0 

2022-May-31, 05:40 PM
At least wild animal maulings were more interesting than showers. Unless those showers were being shared... James suddenly shook his head sharply to clear the thought. Realizing the gesture was not exactly subtle and his guest was not exactly blind either, he cleared his throat to awkwardly contribute to the conversation. "I don't know that I'd be good at... uh... beach stuff. Don't think I'd be very good at shark wrangling. Wouldn't know where to throw the lasso." James even put a little more affectation into the drawl to try and distract from how dumb he sounded, or at least justify it to those who thought cowbows sounded like idiot bumpkins.

At least Nate hadn't been home to hear him talk about fucking lassoing sharks. Shit if that pup didn't get home soon James was damn sure he was just going to fall apart and make a bigger fool of himself. And hey, at least Keiran seemed to be having an okay enough time, sharing his tequila, sitting on his couch, staring at his sharks. James took the bottle and automatically refilled his guests shot glass once it was empty and then took a pull on the bottle for his own shot.

And then he nearly died as Keiran asked about the goddamn pants. He sputtered, tequila went down the wrong tube and he coughed and managed to set the bottle back down safely on the table without spilling any more than the spray that shot out of his nose. "Ah fuck!" Didn't matter he'd been shot, broken bones, gotten mauled, cut up, hit by bulls, nothing ever left his eyes watering and him whimpering like a goddamn baby like having a nose full of alcohol.

Once he'd manage to grab a few tissues and soothe his nose he just collapsed back, only half on the couch anymore as he breathed and rubbed his eyes. "Ah fuck that still stings. Sheeeit. Sorry, you just... just caught me by surprise with them horndogs. I mean with yer question." At least the red in his face could probably be explained by the tragic tequila incident. Not that he didn't want to just go dig a hole and hide in it still. "Them's horndogs on yer pants. Friend of mine thought it would be funny. I thought they were just cowdogs at first."

Started 1 Thread
Light Mage

Post What?
20 Posts
2 Threads

Born 1-12-1992
29 years
Appears Twenties
5'10
Wiry and fit
Blue eyes
Brown hair
He | Him
He / Him

Written By
Orange
Post May Contain

Blood 0 
Sex 0 
Violence 0 
Drugs 0 
Abuse 0 
-Isms 0 
Taboo 0 
Death 0 

2022-Jun-08, 02:40 AM
"Beach stuff?" Keiran replied with a laugh, wondering what James counted as 'beach stuff' if he thought it was something he probably couldn't do. In Keiran's opinion, 'beach stuff' seemed to be either sitting around doing nothing or swimming, the former which James seemed capable of. Though the mental image of James riding a jet ski trying to lasso a shark erased any other thoughts Keiran might have had, and he laughed again. " Around the dorsal fin, obviously." The Australian pointed out, making a gesture to explain what he meant, "I guess maybe you'd have to use a special nonslip rope or something, though." Since he was pretty sure the rope would slip off otherwise.

"You'd also have to wear the hat and chaps but with your swimmers." Keiran continued, totally invested in the great mental image. Ocean Cowboy, now that was a movie he'd watch.

Enjoying himself with the irreverent conversation, Keiran happily took another shot when the glass was refilled. A drink or two was fine, and he would totally keep count of how many he was having! He was responsible - generally...

James' spluttered response startled him a moment, and he dropped the shot glass back on the table with a loud clunk as he quickly glanced back to his host - momentarily worried he had said something wrong. Maybe he wasn't supposed to ask about the pants! Keiran waited for James to recover from the painful experience of snorting up alcohol with an amused grin. "You a'right?" He asked, perhaps a little rhetorically since James did seem to be breathing fine now.

"Oh!" Keiran exlaimed, "Horndogs!" That made more sense than anything he had come up with in his head, "I thought they might've been like, you know that rabbit with the antlers, that thing? But horndogs make waaaay more sense." Keiran nodded and then grinned before adding, "Gift from the wife?" It was an entirely innocent inference, but it was also a very nice conversational way to find out if someone was single...

Turned by Unspecified

Post What?
12 Posts
2 Threads 25.39

Born 15-3-1822
200 years
Appears Thirties
5'11
Athletic
Blue eyes
Brown hair
He | Him
He | Him

Written By
BardlyThere
Post May Contain

Blood 0 
Sex 0 
Violence 0 
Drugs 0 
Abuse 0 
-Isms 0 
Taboo 0 
Death 0 

2022-Jun-11, 08:49 PM
"I'm fine, I'm fine... just don't talk about me about wearin' chaps or my hat at the beach. Nose still stings a bit and I'm not sure I could handle another laugh," James said with a groan as his guest asked if he was alright after his tequila nose fit. After another sniffle and breath to make sure he didn't have anything left up there, he grabbed the tequila bottle for another much more careful sip that he made sure to swallow before he raised an eyebrow back at Keiran.

James wasn't exactly in the closer, hadn't been in quite some time, but he was more used to bringing it up to apologize when a lady tried to proposition him. "Wife? Nah, never been married." He took a contemplative sip from the bottle of tequila and set it down on the table as he thought about whether he should further elaborate or not. Fuck it. "Never been into the ladies either for that matter."

It was a very brief acknowledgement without directly addressing that he thought Keiran was at least visually appealing, though he worried he'd already been a bit too obvious about that. He drummed his fingers on his thigh for a moment as he stared fixedly at the sharks on the television, trying to think of something to talk about that wasn't going to be super awkward, nor about how he was really curious to see just how well those horn dog pants fit Keiran. "Anyway if you don't want to be in them horndog pants lemme know and I can probably find you somethin' else to wear instead. Can't promise it'll be as comfy though, the only pair comfier I got are on my ass right now." Or he'd bring up the pants again anyway.

Well it could be worse he supposed. "You gettin' tired? If you just want to go to bed just let me know and I'll scoot. Don't let me keep you up or nothin."

Started 1 Thread
Reading:
1 Guest(s)

Sitely

Resources
RPG Initiative RPG-D RPGfix midnight resources roleplay ads BlackHeart RP Lovers

Affiliates
Credit
theme created by Josie of the RPG Initiative. Edited for Blood-Ties by ThistleProse. Powered By MyBB, © 2002-2022 MyBB Group.