Latest Updates

x
About Us:

We are an 18+, Preternatural RP site, set in a fantasy location based near Toronto, Canada. We are set in AU current time, and have a loose wordcount of 200. While we draw aspects of our site from many forms of common media, we are unique and not expressly set in those worlds. As such, no off-site knowledge is required!
We welcome you to join the site with your chosen OOC name: your Character accounts will be linked to this primary account. You should register with correct capitalisation: eg, John Smith.
Any questions, and you can easily reach the staff on site or through our Discord. Guests can post via our embed discord located in the footer.
Enjoy your stay!

Our site is rated 333 using the RPG Rating website. We allow mature themes, and may not be suitable for all viewers.
2021.09.17 - From today until 19th, we're celebrating our first Site-Wide event! Welcome to the Apple Fest! You can read more about the Festival here.

2021.08.03 - We have added some new IC-communication forums for you to use! More information here.

2021.07.28 - Welcome to the Fae race! You can read more here.

2021.07.15 - Grand opening! Welcome, and we hope you enjoy your stay! -- TP

2020.09.21 - Added the character chatter box for status updates. -- TP

2020.09.14 - Updated profile code. Stickied the header of this info box. 'About us' block updated. -- TP

2020.09.13 - Site Statistics in the footer updated. Discord embed-ed. This information box added. -- TP

Community Center
Local News Latest Posts

Your browser has JavaScript disabled. If you would like to use all features of this site, it is mandatory to enable JavaScript.

-  Old Movie, Fresh Popcorn
Tuesday, 7pm 04-January-2022,
Royal Cinema
cold, clear
Sired by Rafe Dubois
Post What?

20 Posts
4 Threads 62.31

Born 20-3-2002
19 years
Appears Teens
6'0
Slim
Blue eyes
Blonde, long hair
He | Him
He/Him

Written By
SunsetWay
Post May Contain

Blood 0 
Sex 0 
Violence 0 
Drugs 0 
Abuse 0 
-Isms 0 
Taboo 0 
Death 0 

2022-Jan-05, 11:15 AM
Chance smiled to himself as he left his babysitters behind with the usual promise he would behave and his nightly glass of blood had sated him enough to be left alone with someone. Truthfully, Lyric had a way of making him hungry that he couldn’t quite explain and while he knew he should point that out to Marco and Ricky, he didn’t want to risk them freaking out and terminating the friendship. Lyric was special to him as not only his first friend outside of the Family but someone he genuinely looked forward to seeing.

Somehow they had managed to schedule a time where they could get together weekly—or near enough to it that it was still counted as a regular thing. Thanks to the time of year, Chance was able to rise and go out earlier which made making plans a lot easier. Lyric believed him when he said he worked nights and slept a vast portion of the day and while it was technically true, Chance still felt like he was always lying to the sweet young woman that called him friend.

The old Royal Cinema with the amazing architecture wasn’t just a staple of the downtown core that houses memories of the early days of the city—it also showed old movies that were deemed classics or even cult classics on its two screens. Once he had learned about it, Chance knew that was where he would spend his free time and may have made a sound similar to a squee of joy when Lyric said she’d love to check it out as well. So Tuesdays at seven in the evening were theirs to enjoy together. He bought the tickets and Lyric got the snacks, though they were mostly for her as Chance worried about his tolerance of food and only took a few kernels of popcorn or a sip of the large pop (from his own straw! Lyric loved jamming at least two into the lid every time).

This would be their first movie of the year and he hoped the tradition would continue as long as the sun allowed it to. Currently Lyric didn’t have any extra activities on that night but she was busy and popular so her schedule could change their plans long before the summer did. If they managed to keep it up, maybe they could see the later showing by then since Lyric wouldn’t have classes by that point. But that was in the future. For now, Chance headed inside to buy the tickets. They had made a promise to never look ahead to see what was playing, finding it fun to just show up and enjoy whatever was on at seven.

He was smiling again as he went back outside to wait, eyes sharp for the Jeep Lyric would be dropped off from. She had told him a few weeks ago that her brother had to finally admit it was too cold and the roads to slippery to risk taking his motorcycle out again. When it pulled up along the curb, Chance’s smile faltered and he gave Nocturne a little wave as the man gave him the usual glare. He was always so nervous when the big brother was around and it didn’t help that he had no idea what Nocturne thought about him. Sure, he had powers that would help with that but Chance was too young and too flustered to even attempt trying and was always left with a slight tremble until Nocturne left.

“Hi! Guess what’s on tonight?” Chance held the door to the building open for Lyric and followed her inside a moment later. With a flourish, he presented her ticket that showed ‘Dirty Dancing’ along the top. “Have you seen it? I saw it years ago but I was pretty sick at the time so I’m not sure how much I remember and how much was a part of a fever dream,” he laughed, the comfort of movies easing away some of his awkwardness he was normally drowning in.

Posted 20 PostsStarted 1 Thread
Elemental Mage
Custom Text

28 Posts
2 Threads

Born 6-11-2004
17 years
Appears Teens
5'6
lithe, dancer
Blue eyes
Dark brown hair
She | Her
She | Her

Written By
ThistleProse
Post May Contain

Blood 0 
Sex 0 
Violence 0 
Drugs 0 
Abuse 0 
-Isms 0 
Taboo 0 
Death 0 

2022-Jan-06, 10:05 PM
Lyric beamed when her gaze finally found Chance, and she quickly unbuckled herself and promised Nocturne that she’d text him as soon as she was ready to be picked up. Lyric kissed her brother on the cheek with a giggle, and then climbed out of the jeep, waving cheerfully at Chance. Turning back to the car, Lyric pulled out her small backpack, and slung it over one shoulder. Inside was a flurry of chocolates, some gum, her phone, and her wallet. Lyric closed the car door with a click and a cheerful wave to Nocturne. Her attention was back on Chance before Nocturne had even put the car back into drive.

“Hi!” Lyric chirped, flashing a smile as the door was held open for her, and playfully snatched at the tickets so she could look at the title, letting out a soft ‘Ooh!’ as she read it. “Awesome! I’ve seen it before,” she said, after snorting in amusement at Chance’s comment. “Sometimes we get to watch dance movies at dance, but I bet its going to be so much better on the big screen compared to the little box of a tv they have!”

Handing the tickets back to Chance, Lyric got into line for snacks, and returned to his side shortly thereafter with an oversized box of popcorn, and a giant drink with its dual straws. A bright smile and a decided skip to her steps gave away how excited Lyric was for the movie, and the time she got to spend with her new friend. Entering the cinema room, the pair found their way to their seats, sitting towards the back and in the centre of the line. Lyric chittered happily as she settled into her seat, picking at her popcorn.

“Cinema popcorn is always so good!” she declared dramatically, giggling as she ate some more popcorn, and the previews started as the room went darker. “Ooh!” Lyric wriggled, and settled in to watch the movie, eyes bright.

Sired by Rafe Dubois
Post What?

20 Posts
4 Threads 62.31

Born 20-3-2002
19 years
Appears Teens
6'0
Slim
Blue eyes
Blonde, long hair
He | Him
He/Him

Written By
SunsetWay
Post May Contain

Blood 0 
Sex 0 
Violence 0 
Drugs 0 
Abuse 0 
-Isms 0 
Taboo 0 
Death 0 

2022-Jan-07, 06:43 PM
The declaration of love for cinema popcorn wasn’t a new one but it still made Chance smile. Lyric’s eternal chipper attitude was contagious but in this case, he had to agree—even if it didn’t taste right at the moment. “I don’t think I told you that Gram got me my own popcorn machine like the ones out in the lobby years ago.” He knew he told her early on that he’d never been to the cinema before moving to Greenbrooke so he skipped that portion of the reasoning behind the gift. “She wanted to make movies even better for me since I loved them so much.” It probably didn’t hurt that he had pestered everyone in the manor relentlessly for three days about what it was like going to the movies and if it was really like what he saw on their TV.

Chance also left off the part where Rafe had granted permission to turn a portion of the basement level into a private theatre with three rows of six reclining seats. He didn’t always use it as gathering around the TV, sprawled on couches fit certain viewings, like doing a marathon of an old show. Still, Lyric didn’t need to know about that room as Chance already worried she viewed him as a spoiled brat.

Once the previews started, Chance fell silent. Even if they were just ads, he hated talking too much during them and treated them like the actual movie. That didn’t stop him from sometimes leaning over to share whisper an observation or remark on a scene that was truly spectacular in one way or another but for the most part, he stayed silent, falling into the world laid out before him.

When the movie ended, they stayed in their seats, letting the crowd go first. Since it was an old movie and the idea of putting extra scenes after the credits hadn’t taken off yet, there wasn’t a reason to wait but it also gave them a chance to express any dire thoughts about what they just saw. “So, good news—it wasn’t a fever dream and I remembered most of the movie,” Chance chuckled, though he was also relieved that he hadn’t made up what he thought the movie was about. “The last dance is still iconic and I promise I won’t ask to re-enact it once we head outside.” Even with his complete lack of dance experience and what he used to think of as his noodle arms, his vampire strength would at least be able to hold Lyric in that lift but he didn’t want to risk it all the same.

Elemental Mage
Custom Text

28 Posts
2 Threads

Born 6-11-2004
17 years
Appears Teens
5'6
lithe, dancer
Blue eyes
Dark brown hair
She | Her
She | Her

Written By
ThistleProse
Post May Contain

Blood 0 
Sex 0 
Violence 0 
Drugs 0 
Abuse 0 
-Isms 0 
Taboo 0 
Death 0 

2022-Jan-11, 04:47 AM
“Oh! Maybe Papa will get me one for me!” Lyric mused, excited by the prospect but disappointed that her birthday was so far away from that moment. A whole year away, nearly! Maybe she could buy her own if she saved up her allowance. She’d have to look into it! It would be wonderful to have popcorn on hand whenever she wanted without having to go to the cinema, and the microwave stuff just didn’t hit the spot the cinema stuff created!

“I think I love your gram,” Lyric grinned, mischievous but honest. Every time Chance told her something new about the woman, Lyric fell more in love. She was just such a wonderful woman and it didn’t occur to her that Chance might be overselling her. Grandparents were either awesome, or horrible. There wasn’t any room for in between in her experience and Chance seemed to really love his Gram! He had yet to say anything about the woman that would make Lyric feel any other way.

Lyric nibbled on some more popcorn as they waited for the cinema to empty so they could leave with ease, and less jostling. She still had nearly half the box full of popcorn to eat, and Lyric was not interested in someone knocking it from her salt and butter fingers. The drink was long gone, though. Chance’s comment caused Lyric to snort out a laugh, and then cough into her elbow. “Oh gosh!” she giggled. “That’s good!” The promise not to re-enact the dance caused her to burst into peals of laughter, and then Lyric stood up, and led the way out of the empty theatre.

“I think we could do it,” she said, picking up the conversation as they left the cinema, after she’d ducked into the bathroom to pee, of course. She reclaimed her popcorn with a thankful smile. “But I really like how they practise for it.” She waved her free hand absently. “In the lake. A lot easier on the body when you fall on your face!” Dance floors were hard, and Lyric had fallen face first on more than one occasion. Chance was kind of skinny, but Lyric had danced with more waifish guys, so she wasn’t worried about that.

Sired by Rafe Dubois
Post What?

20 Posts
4 Threads 62.31

Born 20-3-2002
19 years
Appears Teens
6'0
Slim
Blue eyes
Blonde, long hair
He | Him
He/Him

Written By
SunsetWay
Post May Contain

Blood 0 
Sex 0 
Violence 0 
Drugs 0 
Abuse 0 
-Isms 0 
Taboo 0 
Death 0 

2022-Jan-19, 05:25 AM
Chance chuckled as he handed back the popcorn. He was used to her routine of heading straight to the bathroom as soon as they were in the lobby but didn’t mind waiting for her or holding anything handed to him. Sometimes he even snuck a few more bites, trying to savour the moment and find the pleasure it used to bring him before Lyric came back and could quiz him about any expressions he made. Of course other people were around but they could assume he simply didn’t like popcorn or it was stale.

“I was going to say that,” he replied with a smile as they fell onto the same wave length. “Since I’d be the one catching you and I have no experience, I think a softer landing for you would be needed.” He was faster and more coordinated now but with his young age, Chance still felt clumsy and knew he wasn’t entirely in control of his strength. What if he moved to catch her and hurt Lyric? He could squeeze too tightly when he caught her before hitting the ground and snap a limb or her spine. A shiver ran down his spine and Chance was thankful it was cold enough outside to pass it off as adjusting to the new temperature.

“Is your brother on his way or already here?” Chance scanned the parking lot when he didn’t see their Jeep along the curb waiting. Sometimes he was already there, other times he waited to be texted and they could hang out a bit longer. With the colder weather, it was harder to justify hanging out on the large rocks that Chance still hadn’t decided if that was an artistic decoration or a garden. “We can go get some fries if you’re still hungry,” he pointed at the fast food place next door, though he had a feeling Lyric would decline. She seemed strict for following her dancing diet and it was late on a school night. It was odd having to track that sort of thing now that he had a friend with a normal human life.

Reading:
1 Guest(s)

Sitely
Directories

RPG Initiative RPG-D RPGfix midnight resources roleplay ads BlackHeart
Credit
theme created by Josie of the RPG Initiative. Edited for Blood-Ties by ThistleProse. Powered By MyBB, © 2002-2022 MyBB Group.