Latest Updates

x
About Us:

We are an 18+, Preternatural RP site, set in a fantasy location based near Toronto, Canada. We are set in AU current time, and have a loose wordcount of 200. While we draw aspects of our site from many forms of common media, we are unique and not expressly set in those worlds. As such, no off-site knowledge is required!
We welcome you to join the site with your chosen OOC name: your Character accounts will be linked to this primary account. You should register with correct capitalisation: eg, John Smith.
Any questions, and you can easily reach the staff on site or through our Discord. Guests can post via our embed discord located in the footer.
Enjoy your stay!

Our site is rated 333 using the RPG Rating website. We allow mature themes, and may not be suitable for all viewers.
2021.09.17 - From today until 19th, we're celebrating our first Site-Wide event! Welcome to the Apple Fest! You can read more about the Festival here.

2021.08.03 - We have added some new IC-communication forums for you to use! More information here.

2021.07.28 - Welcome to the Fae race! You can read more here.

2021.07.15 - Grand opening! Welcome, and we hope you enjoy your stay! -- TP

2020.09.21 - Added the character chatter box for status updates. -- TP

2020.09.14 - Updated profile code. Stickied the header of this info box. 'About us' block updated. -- TP

2020.09.13 - Site Statistics in the footer updated. Discord embed-ed. This information box added. -- TP

Community Center
Local News Latest Posts

Your browser has JavaScript disabled. If you would like to use all features of this site, it is mandatory to enable JavaScript.

-  Always Room For S'more
Sunday, 8pm 31-October-2021,
Edwin's home
Cloudy, cool
Tags:Naomi Antonis, invite,
Sired by TBA
Post What?

4 Posts
1 Threads 25.42

Born 17-10-1792
229 years
Appears Twenties
5'10
Fit
Pale Blue eyes
Light brown hair
He | Him
He/Him

Written By
SunsetWay
Post May Contain

Blood 0 
Sex 0 
Violence 0 
Drugs 0 
Abuse 0 
-Isms 0 
Taboo 0 
Death 0 

2021-Oct-30, 05:27 PM
So far, so good.

Edwin glanced around his yard, noting the mingling that was taking place and how at ease everyone seemed to be. That was enough to remove some of the stress he had been having for the past week as he questioned his decision to host the little gathering. What if no one came? Maybe he should have held it on neutral ground. What if his Family wasn’t welcome and this became the perfect chance to slaughter them all?

Only Charlotte knew of his fears and she handled them as she always did—by telling him he was overreacting and everything would be fine. As luck would have it (so far) she was right. He knew not every vampire in the city had arrived yet and perhaps they wouldn’t but he was happy with the turn out so far. Actually, the more he thought about it, the more it made sense that they wouldn’t meet everyone that night. There were businesses to run and properties and people to guard. As much as he wished everyone could have free time, Edwin respected the ones that went to work that night.

Another sweeping glance showed Charlotte talking with Gavin Piers. That was an interesting man. He had a confidence to him—arrogance, really—that matched the power Edwin could sense just beneath the surface yet he was also a tad… odd. Eccentric was probably the polite term for it but from the brief conversation they’d already shared, Edwin believed Gavin would be the first to laugh and call himself odd. The fact the master vampire arrived with a few bottles of wine and several bags of marshmallows made it clear Gavin did what he wanted and it would likely be a contradiction or unexpected. He hoped to stay on the good side of that vampire.

Rafe Dubois was another fascinating master and perhaps Edwin saw him slightly as a role model. He had heard of him, naturally, but had never met him. His own sire sang his praises but also warned about how cunning and dangerous Rafe could be. On the second night in Greenbrooke, Edwin had been sure to send a letter asking to meet with Rafe as he seemed to be one of the more important men in the city and Edwin didn’t want any misunderstandings. The meeting went well and an agreement to live alongside each other was easily reached, though Edwin still couldn’t shake the feeling that if Rafe had wished it, his little Family would be living somewhere else the next night. Their arrival had been blessed by the reigning prince, it seemed, and now they were hosting Rafe’s court. It was amazing how the master vampire could look so at ease yet regal in a deck chair.

Rafe had also brought a portion of his Family that mingled around the property. They were a wide assortment of personalities and Edwin couldn’t help but smile every time he spotted Aislin or Misha as they always seemed to be laughing, dancing, or simply enjoying themselves. But Rafe had also brought a shifter with him. The party wasn’t explicitly vampires-only as the invitation had been to the Families in Greenbrooke and it wasn’t uncommon for masters to have other species in their employ. Edwin’s sire had several mages and a couple of shifters as well but he foolishly hadn’t expected it. But once he greeted Naomi after Rafe’s introduction, Edwin saw what the elder vampire was doing. The gathering was the perfect time to point out Naomi’s importance to him and warn that she was under his protection. It was a clever power play but Edwin only hoped to make friends and associates, not cause any drama or steal Family members.

Though he supposed his fledgling Family could be seen as a unit looking to poach people. They were small but Edwin was happy with what they currently had and wanted to focus more on planting roots and forming a foundation that would sustain them and help them grow in the future. Rafe likely knew that but he also hadn’t reached his age by not being cautious and having plans of his own.

Speaking of fledglings; Rafe also brought a member that was only a few months old. The kid looked overwhelmed and Edwin felt inclined to go check in on him like a proper host but before he could take more than a couple of steps, Edwin saw someone heading toward him. He smiled at Naomi and inclined his head in greeting. “Naomi, thank you again for coming. How is everything? Can I get you another drink?”

Started 1 Thread
Black Leopard Shifter
Post What?

33 Posts
6 Threads 115.64

Born 12-11-1912
109 years
Appears Forties
5'8"
Petite; curvy
Brown eyes
Dark brown with highlights hair
She | Her
She | Her

Written By
Moonlite
Post May Contain

Blood 0 
Sex 0 
Violence 0 
Drugs 0 
Abuse 0 
-Isms 0 
Taboo 0 
Death 0 

2021-Nov-02, 01:28 PM
The scent of wood burning and flames dancing always did something to the feline. It always brought out a more primal, flirtatious side of her for she was always known to dance and seduce at bonfires. Fond memories rose, ones that kept a slight linger on her lips. This was not in any form or means of a Pack gathering, but with many individuals around brought warmth. Especially since it had been Halloween night, Naomi felt more alive mixed with a hint of mischievousness. She held her composure as she remembered why they were there outside of a causal gathering of mainly vampires and a few others like herself.

Despite the promise of a good time, there was a since of seriousness that lingered. There was always something when it came to politics even in the means of a gathering. A very clever way on Rafe’s behalf to introduce the feline as a part of his Family. If one hadn’t known the exact tactic, it might have been missed. Naomi went with the flow of the night while being observant, taking in those she met. The night was still young as the flames of the bonfires crackled. She indulged in the marshmallows and the decent food while mingling with the others. Naomi hadn’t gotten in the full swing of dancing as she spent most of the time watching with keen feline eyes or holding conversation.

Instead of wearing a costume or allowing her ears and tail out, the leopardess wore cat ears on top of her head and had fun with elaborate make-up. She kept her attire simple with jeans and a black shirt so she hadn’t seemed too out of the place. With the change in song, Naomi had excused herself from a group of people and made her way to Edwin since she hadn’t spoken to the host. “Thank you for the invite, dear.” Her hand touched his shoulder as she moved around to face him. “This is turning out to be quite some party,” she added with a smile. “Doing well, thank you. How are you feeling having everyone here?” She was curious on how he was holding up underneath it all. “Another Heineken with lime would be nice.” Her hand moved away from his shoulder as she continued to speak. “How is this lovely host adjusting to the city?”

Posted 20 PostsStarted 5 ThreadsStarted 1 Thread
Sired by TBA
Post What?

4 Posts
1 Threads 25.42

Born 17-10-1792
229 years
Appears Twenties
5'10
Fit
Pale Blue eyes
Light brown hair
He | Him
He/Him

Written By
SunsetWay
Post May Contain

Blood 0 
Sex 0 
Violence 0 
Drugs 0 
Abuse 0 
-Isms 0 
Taboo 0 
Death 0 

2021-Nov-03, 10:18 AM
Edwin noted Naomi seemed to be fond of touch and that it was a genuine action of hers and not something she had been told to do. He didn’t want to think ill of the other vampires mingling in his yard and had no desire to stir up drama or unsettle the balance of power within Greenbrooke but power plays would always happen. Rafe was a planner and that was one of things Edwin admired about his elder but he hoped he wouldn’t be a target of it either. So far, he would believe that Naomi acted independently and wasn’t sent over by Rafe to butter him up for something.

“Heineken and a lime coming right up,” Edwin smiled at his guest and moved the few paces over to the table of refreshments. A bottle was pulled from the cooler filled with ice and a wedge of lime placed gently in the he mouth of it a moment later. He appreciated the choice in drink and how casual it was. He could do a fancy glass of wine or sip a bourbon when needed and he’d enjoy them just as much but a beer seemed to put everyone further at ease and not heighten expectations or create barriers.

“I’m happy to host everyone,” he admitted truthfully as he passed the drink over and took a moment to gaze out at his guests again. “I was a bit worried initially but everything is going smoothly so I have no complaints.” He was well aware that he was the youngest master there and that he had possibly the smallest Family—though Gavin was possibly close in size. But while Gavin may have had a smaller house to his name, he had stronger members. If Edwin was going to be worried about anything, it would be the others deciding they didn’t need another master moving into town and do away with him and his Family in one easy swoop. But he was trying his best not to think about that.

“Greenbrooke is great!” He latched onto Naomi’s other question to help keep his mind from thinking about all of the ways his Family could be wiped off the planet and how the masters probably wouldn’t even have to leave their chairs to do it, “It’s the perfect size and has a surprising amount of activities to do. I think we’ll settle in well here. Between the farm and nightlife, everyone should have something to keep them happy.” That was another thing he worried about but Charlotte insisted that even she would be fine in Greenbrooke and once they grew in numbers, he could spread them out between multiple properties.

“Are you from the area or did you move here with Rafe?” Edwin knew the general timeline of Rafe’s movements but he hadn’t fanboyed hard enough to look deeply into the vampire’s activities before his settling into Canada. He didn’t know where Naomi fit into things and while he could have probably learned, Edwin had been focused on learning how to run an apple farm and didn’t want to seem too nosy of a new neighbour.

Started 1 Thread
Black Leopard Shifter
Post What?

33 Posts
6 Threads 115.64

Born 12-11-1912
109 years
Appears Forties
5'8"
Petite; curvy
Brown eyes
She | Her
She | Her

Written By
Moonlite
Post May Contain

Blood 0 
Sex 0 
Violence 0 
Drugs 0 
Abuse 0 
-Isms 0 
Taboo 0 
Death 0 

2021-Nov-03, 10:18 PM
Even though Edwin didn’t have to retrieve a drink, she appreciated the vampire’s hospitality. The leopardess could not decide if it had been an act or if he was genuinely a caring individual. She hadn’t thought that deeply on it, but judging by first impression it might have been the latter. Still, Naomi seemed grateful as the chilled bottle was handed. She silently thanked him as she swished the beer with the lime and brought it to her lips. The crisp liquid slid down her throat as Edwin preceded to answer her questions.

Naomi was interested in his inner musing though he didn’t have to share. After all, she was a stranger and belonged to another Family. She hadn’t asked for the vampire to trust her by any means, but she was curious on how he was handling everything. Edwin had every right to be concerned, but even she was surprised by how well everything had turned out. “Smoothly and everyone is playing nice,” she chuckled. “You created the right atmosphere for everyone to take their hats off so I thank you for that.” The environment meant everything, she strongly believed that. Of course, there was an underline surge in the air, but that was to be expected.

The beer was brought to her lips once more as she took a swig and continued to listen. She found it interesting that Edwin had a farm, let alone a beautiful apple orchid. At least he was settling into Greenbrooke well. “Country life meets city nightlife, I see you need a bit of both,” she said warmly “Are you use to farm life?” she asked. “Oh! By the way the orchid is marvelous and wonderful cider.” She had to give recognition when it was deserved.

The leopardess had not ignored that Edwin mentioned nightlife as she was going to circle back to that. Just as she was about to ask, his question created a bubble of laughter from her. “Neither, dear. Both are good guesses.” The bottle was brought to her lips before she spoke again. “I’ve been here for a few months, less than you have.” Her hand placed on his forearm as she spoke. “I’m an old friend and was reunited with Rafe after coming here. I thought I would be passing through, but thought it would be a better idea to call Greenbrooke home,” she admitted. Thought Naomi was starting to have suspicion that Rafe was the reason why she was there. Though she hadn’t asked him yet if he had hands in that.

“Do you dance?” she asked with a smirk. The music was becoming too good just to stand around. At least in her opinion. The feline already had in the back of her mind to make it over to Rafe for a dance or at least dance on. Figs was a given.

Sired by TBA
Post What?

4 Posts
1 Threads 25.42

Born 17-10-1792
229 years
Appears Twenties
5'10
Fit
Pale Blue eyes
Light brown hair
He | Him
He/Him

Written By
SunsetWay
Post May Contain

Blood 0 
Sex 0 
Violence 0 
Drugs 0 
Abuse 0 
-Isms 0 
Taboo 0 
Death 0 

2021-Nov-04, 01:46 AM
Edwin believed his bonfire idea was going over well but to have Naomi agree helped ease more tension. Hosting the gathering outside was beneficial to all, in his opinion, as it meant no one could be trapped within the enclosure of his home. No literal traps could be sprung and there was more space and freedom in his yard. People could roam freely and danger would likely be sensed before it was too late. Edwin suspected some of the weaker and younger vampires in the group wouldn't have attended if escape routes weren't easily come by.

He gave a light laugh and shake of his head. "I'm not really one for the nightlife. Well, in terms of clubs and parties. My nature has otherwise made me all about the life in night otherwise. I'm not against it but there are a couple in my Family that are more about the bustling city life and all it has to offer and less about farming."

He paused for just the briefest of moments, wondering how much Rafe already dug up about him and if Naomi was trying to get more out of him. But her intentions were still sincere and he didn't need to brush against her mind for that as she had freely given information about how she came back into Rafe's life. Besides, Edwin didn't think he had that exciting of a life and certainly couldn't think of anything that could be used against him or his Family.

"I was raised on a farm in my first life. Not that far from this region actually. But I haven't had much need of those skills since so I'm a bit rusty and apples are new to me. There's quite a lot to know about this business!" Edwin gave another laugh, a tad embarrassed at confessing he'd been spending a lot of time studying the profession. But he hadn't run the business into the ground yet and Naomi had complimented the cider so it seemed to be paying off.

"Dance? I'm sometimes known to do such a thing," modern day dancing wasn't something he thought he was good at but his master had drilled all the styles of old into his head from early on. Sometimes those lessons helped him in modern times but other times Edwin floundered or was simply confused by what people thought counted as dancing nowadays.

"But I would be honoured to have a dance with you, Miss Naomi," Edwin held out his hand for his guest to take. He knew he was being unnecessarily formal and polite but that was a part of who he was and he didn't want to slight anyone.

Started 1 Thread
Black Leopard Shifter
Post What?

33 Posts
6 Threads 115.64

Born 12-11-1912
109 years
Appears Forties
5'8"
Petite; curvy
Brown eyes
She | Her
She | Her

Written By
Moonlite
Post May Contain

Blood 0 
Sex 0 
Violence 0 
Drugs 0 
Abuse 0 
-Isms 0 
Taboo 0 
Death 0 

2021-Nov-10, 11:43 AM
The nightlife wasn’t for everyone and the same could be applied to the fast pace of city life. Growing up in Chicago it was something she was accused to. As she aged and traveled, the feline hadn’t prepared the chaos that large cities brought. Instead, she enjoyed smaller setting. She needed a touch of both; what the city could provide for business, but the more intimacy of a town. Thus far Greenbrooke provided both which she was grateful for. She could understand Edwin choice of more of a quiet life. The leopardess also took note for her own personal observations as she was sincere on wanting to get to know the vampire. She at least thought she could be familiar with every Master vampire in the city.

The bottle was brought to her lips once as again as she listened to Edwin elaborate more about himself. “That’s interesting that you’re still in this area or did you venture away and came back? I always find it ironic on how that worked sometimes. I’ve never returned to Chicago, just found ways around going there,” she admitted. It crossed her mind to eventually visit, but she knew unpleasant memories also lied there. Ones she wasn’t sure she wanted to dig up.

She couldn’t help, but to snicker at the apple bit. “There’s nothing wrong with that! At least your dedicated to learning new skills instead of rusting away as you age,” she joked. “I have you props.” The feline lifted her bottle as she spoke before it was brought to her lips again. That said a lot about his character especially since vampires or anyone at lived such a long time had the tendency to not branch or and become stuck in old ways. Now that she thought on that, so had humans and most of them never had a fulling life.

The more she drunk, it was only a matter of time when the need to dance would settle in. The music was right and she felt comfort with talking to the vampire. As he held out his hand, she accepted it by placing her palm on his. Naomi hadn’t cared about what style for she was verse in many. She would let him take the lead and would follow whatever style he felt comfortable with. The leopardess was easy and wasn’t a picky dancer unless it was something she wanted. With the bottle in other hand, she allowed Edwin to lead and made the tempo of the music. “Not bad Mr. Edwin,” she teased.

Sired by TBA
Post What?

4 Posts
1 Threads 25.42

Born 17-10-1792
229 years
Appears Twenties
5'10
Fit
Pale Blue eyes
Light brown hair
He | Him
He/Him

Written By
SunsetWay
Post May Contain

Blood 0 
Sex 0 
Violence 0 
Drugs 0 
Abuse 0 
-Isms 0 
Taboo 0 
Death 0 

2021-Nov-23, 12:01 PM
He had delayed in telling Naomi more about himself, though it wasn't due to him being suspicious or worried she was gathering information on him for any reason. Edwin was simply focused on the idea of dancing and as he guided her into some steps that he was comfortable with, he finally loosened up once more. "As I said, I'm originally from a few hours south of here but after my Turning, we spent more early decades further away and we eventually settled in northern Ontario. My sire had taken a shining to the nature of the region along with the isolation." Edwin couldn't complain, honestly. He liked it as well. He knew how beautiful the landscape was at night and photos and videos from the extremely handy invention of the internet let him see what it was like during the day. It had been tempting to stay in such a location himself but he had to think of the needs of his budding Family.

He twirled Naomi away from him and pulled her back in, smiling as he did so. It had been a while since he was able to let go and enjoy the moment for a change. It wouldn't last, it never did, but he'd do his best to extend it as long as he could. "There's no shame in never returning home or avoiding it for as long as possible. I haven't been back to my true hometown in... well, my grandchildren were of marriage age the last time we passed by." So many life times ago, Edwin realised, but like many creatures of extended life, he also knew heartache would only be found if he continued returning to his past. He suspected Naomi had already learned that lesson in her young life as well.

"I hope that whatever Chicago did to you, that you are able to heal and find peace once more, Miss Naomi," Edwin held Naomi's gaze for a moment, confidence showing on the outside but inside he worried he may have been too bold with his statement. He knew next to nothing about her and based his opinion solely on her avoidance of a city. As the song came to an end and the next one started up, Edwin jumped on the chance to move past his potential blunder. "If I haven't offended you, I would like to ask for another dance."

Started 1 Thread
Reading:
1 Guest(s)

Sitely
Directories

RPG Initiative RPG-D RPGfix midnight resources roleplay ads BlackHeart
Credit
theme created by Josie of the RPG Initiative. Edited for Blood-Ties by ThistleProse. Powered By MyBB, © 2002-2021 MyBB Group.